**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don’t necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cavaliers unveil changes to Quicken Loans Arena court
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio — The Cleveland Cavaliers home court will have a new, modern look for the 2017-18 season, as the team unveiled “The Shield” at center court and a fresh makeover that prominently features the color black.
The new floor design is the latest update to the Cavs revamped brand. Earlier this summer, the team released a new uniform collection featuring a fresh color palette along with the Nike Swoosh and Goodyear Wingfoot.
In the new court design, designed by the Cavaliers graphics team and constructed by Cincinnati Floor Company, the Cavaliers opted to spotlight “The Shield,” which the team says represents the Cavs’ commitment to “Defend The Land” and is a nod to the resilience of the passionate Cleveland fan base. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cavaliers’ plan for Isaiah Thomas’ hip ‘non-surgical’
Author: Joe Vardon
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio — The Cavaliers’ plan to nurse Isaiah Thomas’ injured right hip back to health is “non-surgical,” general manager Koby Altman said Thursday.
“Y’all hear that?” Thomas chimed in, following Altman’s statement. “Everybody wants to be doctors now.”
The Cavs introduced Thomas, Jae Crowder, and Ante Zizic in a news conference Thursday — the three players they acquired from Boston in a trade for Kyrie Irving last month.
Altman, who was flanked by Thomas and coach Tyronn Lue, made clear that he did not want either Thomas or anyone else to discuss the hip injury that cost Thomas the last three games of the Eastern Conference finals last season and will apparently cause him to miss at least a portion of the 2017-18 season. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
Jae Crowder’s coincidental meeting with Kyrie Irving and house hunting with J.R. Smith
Author: Joe Vardon
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio — Jae Crowder and Kyrie Irving suffered the same, awkward coincidence after learning they had been traded for one another.
Days after it was announced that the Cavs were shipping Irving to the Boston Celtics for Crowder, Isaiah Thomas, another player and a draft pick, Crowder and Irving bumped into one another at the Four Seasons in Atlanta.
Crowder, whose family is from the Atlanta area, was picking up a friend at the hotel, while Irving was staying there to film a movie. Irving was in the car behind Crowder in front of the hotel.
The kicker to all of this — the trade had not been finalized because the Cavs were considering their options after examining Thomas’ injured right hip. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (9/8) Isaiah Thomas is driven by doubters; don’t write him off Cleveland.com
- (9/8) Isaiah Thomas: Celtics teammates said ‘that’s how they do you’ after trade Cleveland.com
- (9/8) Cleveland Cavaliers offer little optimism on Isaiah Thomas’ return, proving again blockbuster trade wasn’t about him Cleveland.com
- (9/8) Cavaliers pick John Holland for a two-way contract Cleveland.com
- (9/8) State Of Independence Cavs.com
- (9/8) Cavaliers: Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic receive jerseys in meeting with media; no update provided on Thomas’ injured hip Akron Beacon Journal
- (9/8) Cavaliers notebook: Jae Crowder learned details of trade same day as mother passed away; playing alongside LeBron James intrigues newcomers Akron Beacon Journal
- (9/8) So few answers raise even more questions about Isaiah Thomas’ health The Athletic
- (9/8) Five takeaways from the Cavaliers press conference News-Herald
- (9/8) Isaiah Thomas wants to be a Cavalier (unlike Kyrie Irving), News-Herald
- (9/8) Cavaliers’ rehab plan for Isaiah Thomas does not include surgery AP
- (9/8) Isaiah Thomas excited to be a Cavalier, but there’s no word yet on when he’ll actually be back on the court Medina Gazette
- (9/8) Cavaliers introduce Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder and Ante Zizic Lake County Sentinel
- (9/8) Cavaliers Mum On ‘Non-Surgical’ Approach To Thomas’s Hip 92.3 The Fan
- (9/8) Thomas Betting On Himself To Answer Questions 92.3 The Fan
- (9/8) Crowder’s Potential To Unlock Cavaliers Small Ball Efforts 92.3 The Fan
- (9/8) Not hip to discuss hip, but new Cavs pumped Amico Hoops
- (9/8) Altman: Cavs still deciding best use for draft pick Amico Hoops
- (9/8) Cavs sign former Charge wing Holland Amico Hoops
- (9/8) Jae Crowder Will Help The Cavaliers On The Wing NBA.com
- (9/8) Cavaliers mum on Isaiah Thomas’ hip injury during introduction ESPN.com
- (9/8) Ohio State to wear LeBron James cleats in clash vs. Oklahoma ESPN.com
- (9/8) Jae Crowder raised concerns about his role in Boston before the Celtics traded him Yahoo Sports
- (9/8) No pressure: Isaiah Thomas and his bum hip are tied to LeBron’s future in Cleveland Yahoo Sports
- (9/8) Cavs GM: Isaiah Thomas (hip) expected back ‘at some point’ this season USA Today
- (9/8) Cavs have potential to be ‘scary’ good with Isaiah Thomas and Jae Crowder joining LeBron USA Today
- (9/8) Are Celtics better after trade? Ex-Cavs GM David Griffin weighs in USA Today
- (9/8) Isaiah Thomas to miss start of season, but Cavaliers otherwise secretive/uncertain Pro Basketball Talk
- (9/8) As questions linger about hip, Isaiah Thomas recalls tough Boston exit Boston Globe
- (9/8) Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder fuel Celtics-Cavs rivalry at press conference Boston Herald
- (9/8) Isaiah Thomas’ hip injury: Still plenty of questions after Cleveland Cavaliers press conference MassLive