**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don’t necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
LeBron James (ankle) missed practice Thursday, is day to day
Author: Joe Vardon
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio — LeBron James turned his left ankle at practice Wednesday night and didn’t work out Thursday, according to a Cavaliers spokesman.
James, Cleveland’s alpha and omega, underwent an X-ray which came back clear. A spokesman said James would be day to day.
James was injured during Dwyane Wade’s first practice with the Cavs. Neither Wade nor James practiced Thursday, as Wade was attending to a personal matter. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
Tyronn Lue mum on if Dwyane Wade comes off bench, but for now looks like J.R. Smith starts
Author: Joe Vardon
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio — Tyronn Lue said the Cavaliers have a “plan in place” on whether to use Dwyane Wade as a starter or off the bench, though he declined to disclose it Thursday.
J.R. Smith, meanwhile, said “as far as I know I’m still in the starting lineup.” Without any trickery, Lue’s starting shooting guard would either be Smith or Wade, with the other coming off the bench.
“If anything it makes us stronger, whether if I come off the bench or if he comes off the bench, however it works,” Smith said after practice Thursday. Wade was excused to attend to personal business and is supposed to practice and meet with Cleveland media on Friday. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
2017 Training Camp Day 3 Notebook
Author: Joe Gabriele
Even though he got a run with his new teammates on Wednesday night in Independence, essentially the first day of the Dwyane Wade Era in Cleveland tips off on Friday – when he joins his new squad for good after spending Thursday back in Chicago taking care of some personal stuff.
Just looking across the practice floor – seeing which players were running with first and second teams – it’s immediately evident his year’s team is loaded with veteran talent. For the next few days and weeks the challenge will be what Coach Tyronn Lue will do with his embarrassment of riches.
His first task will be to figure out what to do with his overflowing 2-guard spot – now consisting of Wade and two players, J.R. Smith and Kyle Korver, who’ve hit more triples over the last three seasons than anyone in the Eastern Conference. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (9/29) Cavaliers notebook: Carmelo Anthony, Paul George were nearly dealt to Cleveland on draft night, Anthony says Akron Beacon Journal
- (9/29) J.R. Smith says Cavaliers must put aside egos, stat-gazing to chase championships Akron Beacon Journal
- (9/29) Cavaliers star LeBron James misses practice after turning left ankle Akron Beacon Journal
- (9/29) Dwyane Wade Says He Wants to Retire in a Miami Heat Jersey News Herald
- (9/29) LeBron James rolls left ankle, misses practice News Herald
- (9/29) Winning means sacrificing playing time, Cavs coach Tyronn Lue says News Herald
- (9/29) Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue has a plan for how to use Dwyane Wade; LeBron James day-to-day with ankle injury Medina-Gazette
- (9/29) It’s a few years late, but this Cavs roster can still be great Medina-Gazette
- (9/29) Changing from Kyrie Irving to Derrick Rose at point guard will force Cavs to get creative offensively The Athletic
- (9/29) The present and future value of Isaiah Thomas: How much is too much? The Athletic
- (9/29) LeBron James delivers more than sports: While We’re Waiting Waiting For Next Year
- (9/29) With a host of wing players on the roster, the Cavs have some decisions to make Waiting For Next Year
- (9/29) 2017-18 Cleveland Cavaliers Player Preview: Channing Frye Fear The Sword
- (9/29) Wade plans to finish his career with the heat Fear The Sword
- (9/29) LeBron James misses practice due to ankle injury Fear The Sword
- (9/29) Cavaliers, Tyronn Lue Working Wade Into Rotation CBS Cleveland
- (9/29) Smith says Wade addition makes Cavs stronger Amico Hoops
- (9/29) Wade, James reunion in Cleveland can have implications beyond this season NBA.com
- (9/29) LeBron day-to-day after turning left ankle in Wednesday practice ESPN
- (9/29) Why Carmelo finally caved after Rockets, Cavaliers deals were close NY Post
- (9/29) J.R. Smith Won’t Have a ‘Blank-Measuring Contest’ with Dwyane Wade over Starting Bleacher Report
- (9/29) Iman Shumpert Says the Cavs-Celtics Rivalry Hasn’t Changed Because of the Trade Complex
- (9/29) NBA would fine Cavaliers $100,000 if LeBron James rests when healthy under new rule Cleveland.com