**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don’t necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cavaliers vs. Celtics, season opener: Preview and listings
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Cavaliers host the Boston Celtics to open the entire 2017-18 NBA season on Tuesday.
When: 8 p.m.
TV: TNT – CLICK HERE to read full story.
5 biggest threats to a Cavs-Warriors Finals fourmatch
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio — As soon as the Cleveland Cavaliers walked off the Oracle Arena floor, following a 4-1 Finals loss, there were already visions of another championship matchup between the two juggernauts.
En route to the locker room, James grabbed Irving, put his arm around the talented young point guard and said, “We’ll be back.”
Well, maybe not Irving. The East runs through James’ Cavaliers and Irving asked out of Cleveland earlier this summer, getting traded to the Boston Celtics. In order to get back to the Bay Area in June, Irving will have to topple his old squad, which won’t be easy. With a revamped roster, James is eyeing his eighth straight Finals appearance and another crack at Golden State. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
Meet the 2017-18 Cleveland Cavaliers: Player breakdowns
Author: Matt Goul
CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Cavaliers’ roster shakeup from this summer comes ahead Tuesday night in the season opener vs. Boston.
Nine players are new this season, so meet them in this roster slideshow.
We’ll start with the projected opening night starters and continue with players ordered by where they might fall in the rotation. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (10/17) Cavaliers introduce Sean Peebles as new PA announcer at The Q Cleveland.com
- (10/17) Cleveland Cavaliers ready to show off new team, look, entertainment on Opening Night at The Q Cleveland.com
- (10/17) Nike opening LeBron 15 pop-up shoe store downtown Cleveland.com
- (10/17) Kendrick Perkins to play for Canton Charge Cleveland.com
- (10/17) ESPN’s ‘First Take’ to broadcast from TownHall for Cavs opener Cleveland.com
- (10/17) Cleveland Cavaliers look eerily similar to LeBron James’ old Miami Heat teams Cleveland.com
- (10/17) With each Cavaliers’ promotion, Mike Gansey stays local Cleveland.com
- (10/17) #CavsCeltics Game Preview – October 17, 2017 Cavs.com
- (10/17) Cavaliers notebook: Kyrie Irving to be honored with tribute video at opener Akron Beacon journal
- (10/17) Cavs fans need to study up Akron Beacon journal
- (10/17) LeBron James vs. Kyrie Irving the latest entry in NBA rivalries News-Herald
- (10/17) Deeper bench will make Cavaliers 2018 champions News-Herald
- (10/17) LeBron James’ status still unknown for Cavaliers season opener News-Herald
- (10/17) Emotions should be high for Kyrie Irving’s return to The Q Medina Gazette
- (10/17) Cavs ready to face Kyrie Irving’s Celtics but is LeBron? Medina Gazette
- (10/17) Rude welcome: Irving set for return to ‘rowdy’ Cleveland FOX Sports
- (10/17) How the Cavs transformed their roster from specialists to triple threats in one summer The Athletic
- (10/17) What we know and what we don’t about the Cavaliers entering opening night The Athletic
- (10/17) Kyrie Irving’s return, LeBron James’ ankle and how Cedi Osman nearly wrecked opening night in the NBA The Athletic
- (10/17) Cleveland Cavaliers 2017-2018 Season Preview: Point Guards Waiting For Next Year
- (10/17) Cleveland Cavaliers 2017-2018 Season Preview: Bigs Waiting For Next Year
- (10/17) Cleveland Cavaliers 2017-2018 Season Preview: Wings Waiting For Next Year
- (10/17) Ready or not, here come the Cavaliers Amico Hoops
- (10/17) Meet the 2017-18 Cleveland Cavaliers Channel 19 News
- (10/17) LeBron James, Dwyane Wade talk hostile crowds when playing former team ESPN
- (10/17) JR Smith seems to think LeBron’s ‘going to go’ in Cavs’ opener vs. Celtics, Ty Lue unsure ESPN
- (10/17) Dwyane Wade forces Cavaliers out of their comfort zone ESPN
- (10/17) N.B.A. Eastern Conference Preview: Are the Celtics and Cavaliers Vulnerable? New York Times
- (10/17) LeBron James says Kyrie Irving’s return to Cleveland will be ‘fine’ Sporting News
- (10/17) NBA on TNT to auction memorabilia to help Hurricane Harvey, Irma, Maria recovery efforts USA Today
- (10/17) All signs point to LeBron James playing against Celtics Tuesday NBC Sports Boston