**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don’t necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
LeBron James said J.R. Smith wore his shoes to break slump
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND, Ohio — There are at least two competing theories J.R. Smith’s sudden emergence Tuesday from a season-long slump.
There’s a conversation with Smith’s parents. And one with LeBron James. About shoes.
“I told him it was the shoes,” James said, following Smith’s 20-point performance in the Cavs’ 124-119 win over Milwaukee. “He finally decided to wear my shoes. After a long conversation we finally decided to wear them and he had a breakout game.” – CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cleveland Cavaliers starters answer Dwyane Wade’s challenge in win against Bucks
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio — For a few games it was the issue that everyone knew, but no one was willing to specifically address. Until Dwyane Wade finally did, showing the leadership that has led to him being a three-time NBA champion and one of the Cavaliers’ most prominent voices despite being one of the new guys.
The Cavaliers’ starters weren’t doing their job. One of the NBA’s least productive quintets, they were too often starting slow and forcing the second unit to bail them out.
That changed Tuesday night, one game after Wade’s challenge. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
Did Tyronn Lue find new bench group to get LeBron James more rest?
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio — Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue initially planned on using floor-spacing big man Channing Frye as his 10th player on Tuesday night. Frye, whose playing time has been sporadic, appeared to be inching closer to a spot in the tight rotation with his recent play, especially with Tristan Thompson sidelined.
But the Bucks’ small-ball lineup forced Lue to adjust. Then Derrick Rose’s workload and overall shoddy play forced Lue to adjust again.
To start the fourth quarter he turned to a never-before-used group. Dwyane Wade. J.R. Smith. Kyle Korver. Iman Shumpert. Jeff Green. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (11/8) LeBron James said ‘I like Arthur’ to explain Instagram posts at end of strange day Cleveland.com
- (11/8) Kevin Love, J.R. Smith rise to push Cavaliers past Bucks, 124-119 Cleveland.com
- (11/8) J.R. Smith agrees with Dwyane Wade: Cavaliers starters stink right now Cleveland.com
- (11/8) Nike to fix jerseys after LeBron James, Kevin Love incidents Cleveland.com
- (11/8) Love, LeBron Help Cavs Best Bucks at The Q Cavs.com
- (11/8) Marla’s 45 shots from beyond the arc on no 3s for Love, no hesitation for J.R. and memes Akron Beacon Journal
- (11/8) Cavaliers notebook: J.R. Smith said taking on-court frustrations home contributing to his shooting slump Akron Beacon Journal
- (11/8) Cavaliers 124, Bucks 119: Kevin Love, J.R. Smith come alive as Cavs stave off respected Bucks Akron Beacon Journal
- (11/8) Love, LeBron carry Cavs past Bucks 124-119 News-Herald
- (11/8) The Cavaliers need Isaiah Thomas now, but are wise not to rush him News-Herald
- (11/8) Isaiah Thomas making progress, could join Cavaliers earlier than expected News-Herald
- (11/8) Fast start propels Cavs to much-needed win over Bucks Medina-Gazette
- (11/8) Final thoughts: J.R. Smith’s new identity and the return of his old mindset The Athletic
- (11/8) Cavs Progress Report: Ten Games Played Waiting For Next Year
- (11/8) LeBron is posting memes, so this Cavs season can only get better from here Crain’s Cleveland
- (11/8) Final Score: Cavaliers defeat Bucks 124-119 behind Love’s outburst Fear The Sword
- (11/8) Love In The Paint Is A Beautiful Thing For Cavs 92.3 The Fan
- (11/8) Smith Turns To Family For Perspective Prior To Breakout 92.3 The Fan
- (11/8) Dribbles: Love, Smith show signs Cavs need Amico Hoops
- (11/8) LeBron James offers little insight into cryptic social media posts, explains ‘I like Arthur’ ESPN.com
- (11/8) Giannis Antetokounmpo Scores 40 in Bucks Loss to LeBron James, Cavaliers Bleacher Report
- (11/8) Cavs 124, Bucks 119: Foul trouble leads to fourth straight loss Milwaukee Journal Sentinel