**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don’t necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Derrick Rose, Jae Crowder enjoy breakout games for Cavaliers in Washington
Author: Joe Vardonr
WASHINGTON — Aside from LeBron James’ can’t miss, headline grabbing, record-tying 57 points in the Cavs’ win over Washington, two others had breakout games on a smaller scale.
Derrick Rose and Jae Crowder both scored season highs in Cleveland’s 130-122 win; 20 for Rose and 17 for Crowder.
Rose and Crowder are two of eight new players on the Cavs. Among the topics of the team meeting held after a blowout loss to the Knicks this week was the “new guys” playing more like themselves, without intimidation of playing alongside James. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James sends loud message to another Eastern Conference contender
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Washington Wizards did plenty of talking leading up to Friday night’s game. LeBron James tends to let his game speak for him.
It did. Emphatically.
On one historic night, while matching the franchise record with 57 points, James also sent a clear message to the squad that fancies itself as the Cleveland Cavaliers’ biggest Eastern Conference challenger: No matter the early-season struggles and how vulnerable, the road to the NBA Finals still goes through Cleveland.
– CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James ties franchise scoring record and Cavaliers snap losing slide, 130-122 over Wizards
Author: Joe Vardon
WASHINGTON — The Cavaliers were struggling, and maybe they still are.
But for one night, LeBron James changed the subject.
James cashed in a historic performance by tying a franchise record with 57 points and the Cavs stopped their four-game losing streak in a 130-122 win over the Washington Wizards on Friday.
– CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (11/4) LeBron James passes Kobe Bryant as youngest ever to score 29,000 points Cleveland.com
- (11/4) LeBron James: Cavaliers are struggling and it’s OK Cleveland.com
- (11/4) The King Crowns Washington, Snaps Cavs Skid in D.C. Cavs.com (Staff)
- (11/4) Marla’s 40 shots from beyond the arc on bracelets, shoes and LeBron James’ 57-point night Akron Beacon Journal
- (11/4) Cavaliers 130, Wizards 122: LeBron James scores 57 in win and reaches 29,000 career points Akron Beacon Journal
- (11/4) Cavaliers notebook: Rookies Ante Zizic, Cedi Osman expected to see action as coach Tyronn Lue looks for young, fresh legs Akron Beacon Journal
- (11/4) Cavs rookies Cedi Osman, Ante Zizic expected to see action Friday vs. Wizards Akron Beacon Journal
- (11/4) LeBron James scores 57 points as Cavaliers beat Wizards News-Herald
- (11/4) Final Thoughts: LeBron James and his magical, historic 57-point night The Athletic
- (11/4) New faces, new places: Wolves, Cavs, Thunder and the growing pains of change The Athletic
- (11/4) In a season of uncertainty, Cavs might need Isaiah Thomas to save them The Athletic
- (11/4) Dwyane Wade opens up about struggles in latest UNINTERRUPTED Waiting For Next Year
- (11/4) LeBron James Scores 57, Cavaliers Top Wiz 130-122, End Skid 92.3 The Fan
- (11/4) Cavs Dribbles: LeBron offers 57 reasons to end skid Amico Hoops
- (11/4) LeBron James scores 57, surpasses 29,000 career points NBA.com
- (11/4) JR Smith disputes Bradley Beal’s claim Cavs tanked to duck Wizards in playoffs ESPN.com
- (11/4) LeBron youngest ever to 29,000 points; Cavs end four-game slide ESPN.com
- (11/4) LeBron Drops 57 Points, Quiets Some of the Criticism Surrounding the Cavs SI.com
- (11/4) LeBron James snaps Cavs’ losing streak in historic performance Sporting News
- (11/4) What we learned from LeBron James’ 57-point outburst Yahoo Sports
- (11/4) LeBron James’ offensive eruption masks Cavaliers’ league-worst defense USA Today
- (11/4) LeBron James’ 57 Points Lead Cavaliers to Win over John Wall, Wizards Bleacher Report