**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don’t necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
LeBron James: Kyrie Irving one of best one-on-one players in league history
Author: Chris Fedor
BOSTON — Throughout the season, during times when the Cleveland Cavaliers’ offense fell into lulls of isolation basketball, head coach Tyronn Lue and LeBron James defended the approach, saying it was wise to take advantage of two of the league’s best one-on-one scorers.
Following the Game 4 win, a night when Kyrie Irving sliced the Boston Celtics’ defense with repeated dribble-drives, the All-Star point guard showed again why that path can be so successful.
“He was born to play one-on-one,” James said of Irving. “That’s what he do. I think what he’s improving more upon is the feel of the game and taking his time and scoring and possessions and things of that nature and growing as a point guard and growing as a leader. But the kid was born to play one-on-one. You have those great one-on-one players in our league history and he’s up there.” – CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James’ imminent passing of Michael Jordan ‘great for barbershops’
Author: Joe Vardon
BOSTON — LeBron James may very well catch the “ghost” tonight.
James needs just 28 points to pass Michael Jordan (5,987 points) as the NBA’s all-time leading scorer in the playoffs, and they could all come against Boston in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals. James is averaging 32.3 points per game in the playoffs.
Last summer, James said his career motivation was to chase “the ghost” of Jordan, who has five MVPs and six titles. CLICK HERE to read full story.
It’s on: Cavaliers to face Warriors in Finals after 135-102 series clincher over Celtics
Author: Joe Vardon
BOSTON — LeBron James and the Cavaliers have done it again. They’re going back to the Finals for another clash with the Golden State Warriors.
James is the new NBA all-time leading scorer in the postseason and is headed to the Finals for the seventh consecutive year as an Eastern Conference champion because of the Cavs’ 135-102 win over Boston in Game 5.
With the victory, the Cavs set the NBA record for consecutive wins in closeout games at 13, which dates to the 2009 playoffs and set the franchise record for points in a playoff game. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (5/26) Cleveland Cavaliers’ bench, led by Deron Williams, rises in Eastern Conference finals clincher Cleveland.com
- (5/26) Warriors ‘too stressful’ for LeBron James to discuss Finals rematch Cleveland.com
- (5/26) LeBron James first thought about Kyle Korver and Deron Williams after advancing to NBA Finals Cleveland.com
- (5/26) Kyle Korver, Deron Williams cherish making first NBA Finals appearance together Cleveland.com
- (5/26) LeBron James didn’t have to ‘be like Mike’ to break Jordan’s playoff scoring record Cleveland.com
- (5/26) Cavs Pummel Celtics, Punch Return Ticket to NBA Finals Cavs.com
- (5/26) Cavaliers notebook: LeBron James, passes Michael Jordan as playoff scoring leader, says G.O.A.T. argument ‘great for barbershops’ Akron Beacon Journal
- (5/26) Cavaliers 135, Celtics 102: Cavs headed to third consecutive NBA Finals as LeBron James becomes league’s playoff scoring leader Akron Beacon Journal
- (5/26) Cavs 135, Celtics 102: Marla’s 32 shots from Beyond the Arc on MJ, DiMaggio and Warriors’ stress Akron Beacon Journal
- (5/26) LeBron James set to pass Michael Jordan as all-time postseason scoring leader The Athletic
- (5/26) LeBron James and the Cavaliers headed back to NBA Finals for another rematch with Warriors The Athletic
- (5/26) Final Thoughts: A king, a ghost and chasing history The Athletic
- (5/26) Friday Insider: Draymond Green remains a problem for Kevin Love, Cavaliers The Athletic
- (5/26) Cleveland Cavaliers 135, Celtics 102: Cavs clinch East, will face Warriors in NBA Finals News-Herald
- (5/26) Jeff Schudel: James Gang locked in for Cavaliers-Warriors III after destroying Celtics in Game 5 News-Herald
- (5/26) Cavaliers will be making third trip to NBA Finals Medina-Gazette
- (5/26) Cavaliers Notes: LeBron James says he uses Michael Jordan as motivation, not a measuring stick Chronicle-Telegram
- (5/26) LeBron vs. the East hasn’t been a fair fight since 2011 Crain’s Cleveland
- (5/26) LeBron James Didn’t Want To Talk About Warriors After Winning Eastern Conference Because ‘They Cause A Lot Of Stress’ 92.3 The Fan
- (5/26) Cavs destroy Celtics, set up Finals rematch Amico Hoops
- (5/26) Cleveland Cavaliers dispatch Boston Celtics to continue LeBron James’ summer tradition NBA.com
- (5/26) NBA Finals Preview: Three questions and a prediction for Cavs-Warriors, Part Three NBA.com
- (5/26) LeBron James calls his pursuit of Michael Jordan a ‘personal goal’ ESPN.com
- (5/26) LeBron James tops Michael Jordan as all-time playoffs scoring leader ESPN.com
- (5/26) Bring on Cavaliers-Warriors, a promising NBA Finals trilogy ESPN.com
- (5/26) LeBron James is dominant, but these are not last year’s Warriors ESPN.com
- (5/26) Cavaliers’ dominant performance eliminates all drama, Celtics ESPN.com
- (5/26) LeBron James defers on Warriors thoughts: ‘It’s too stressful’ ESPN.com
- (5/26) The Cavs Are Built For LeBron FiveThirtyEight
- (5/26) Cavs-Warriors: History awaits LeBron or Steph and Co. in NBA Finals rubber match CBSSports.com
- (5/26) Cavs-Warriors NBA Finals: 5 questions as Curry, Durant eye LeBron’s throne CBSSports.com
- (5/26) Warriors-Cavaliers 2017 NBA Finals: 20 awesome things to know for three-match CBSSports.com
- (5/26) Them Again? And Again? Warriors-Cavaliers Finals Are an N.B.A. First NY Times
- (5/26) Cavs Discard Celtics En Route To Long-Awaited NBA Finals Rematch SI.com
- (5/26) LeBron James Shares Emotional Connection To Michael Jordan, Playoff Scoring Record SI.com
- (5/26) NBA playoffs 2017: Finals pick, predictions for epic Cavs vs. Warriors III Sporting News
- (5/26) LeBron James eviscerates the Celtics to reach his seventh straight NBA Finals Yahoo Sports
- (5/26) Look out, Warriors, the Cavs are peaking as they head into the NBA Finals FoxSports.com
- (5/26) LeBron James seeks his own legacy in face of Michael Jordan comparison USA Today
- (5/26) LeBron James says Warriors ‘too stressful’ as Ty Lue starts NBA Finals prep USA Today
- (5/26) LeBron James, Cavaliers advance past Celtics to meet Warriors in 2017 NBA Finals Pro Basketball Talk
- (5/26) LeBron James Has Become 1 of the NBA’s All-Time Greatest Dynasties Bleacher Report
- (5/26) Grading Every Cleveland Cavaliers Player Entering NBA Finals Bleacher Report