**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don’t necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Dan Gilbert, Koby Altman say Kyrie Irving’s ‘situation’ fluid
Author: Joe Vardon
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio — Neither Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert nor general manager Koby Altman would say whether they intend to trade Kyrie Irving or even confirm if he asked to be moved.
Irving’s request to be traded has been widely reported by numerous outlets, including cleveland.com.
“These things are fluid,” Gilbert said. “We think that Kyrie Irving is one of the best guards in the NBA. He was part of a championship, three years straight to the Finals and we value his talent significantly.” – CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cleveland Cavaliers Scribbles: Kyrie Irving trade is Koby Altman’s biggest challenge, period — Terry Pluto
Author: Terry Pluto
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio — Scribbles in my Cleveland Cavaliers notebook while listening to the press conference with general manager Koby Altman and owner Dan Gilbert:
1. The Cavs said it was possible Kyrie Irving would be with the team when training camp opens. Don’t count on it. That’s what a team says when it doesn’t want to deflate the value of a player who has made it clear he wants to be traded. Irving wants out. He has been given days to deny it. Dan Gilbert refused to discuss what Irving said in their meeting.
2. Altman presented himself very well and was very poised for this being his first press conference. The new general manager stressed the moves the team has already made: signing Jeff Green, Derrick Rose, Kyle Korver, Cedi Osman and Jose Calderon. He’s correct saying those moves have helped the team. But let’s face it, Altman and his front office face the real challenge with the Irving deal. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James ‘deeply committed’ to Cavaliers, team executives say
Author: Joe Vardon
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio — LeBron James is “deeply committed” to the Cavaliers and has been “helpful” in their pursuit of free agents, team owner Dan Gilbert and new general manager Koby Altman said Wednesday.
James, according to reports by cleveland.com and other outlets, has been frustrated with the departure of former GM David Griffin and, until the signing of Derrick Rose, the team’s tepid activity in free agency.
James can also be a free agent next summer, should he opt out of his contract. Sources close to James say he does not know what he will do after this season. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (7/27) The Cavs can only hope Irving’s marketability is what he thinks it should be — Bud Shaw’s Sports Spin Cleveland.com
- (7/27) Cavs owner Dan Gilbert says Indiana Pacers ‘could’ve done better’ in Paul George trade Cleveland.com
- (7/27) Dan Gilbert, Koby Altman set out to change Cavaliers’ negative narrative Cleveland.com
- (7/27) Dan Gilbert, Kyrie Irving and Cleveland Cavaliers’ turbulent off-season: Bill Livingston Cleveland.com
- (7/27) Cleveland Cavaliers announce changes, additions to Koby Altman’s staff Cleveland.com
- (7/27) New Cavs GM Koby Altman, Ohio State coach Chris Holtmann to speak at St. Edward for USA Basketball youth clinic Cleveland.com
- (7/27) Brand New Brass Cavs.com
- (7/27) Marla Ridenour: New GM Koby Altman insists Cavaliers are not broken, but it sure looks that way Akron Beacon Journal
- (7/27) Cavaliers notebook: LeBron James committed, communicative despite uncertain future in Cleveland past next season Akron Beacon Journal
- (7/27) Jeff Schudel: Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert in (public) denial of team’s situation News-Herald
- (7/27) Cleveland Cavaliers GM Koby Altman: ‘This thing is not broken’ News-Herald
- (7/27) Cavs’ best bet is to trade Kyrie, move on Medina Gazette
- (7/27) Altman, Gilbert don’t go into depth about Irving situation Medina Gazette
- (7/27) Cavaliers execs reject Irving trade talk, deny team in chaos Fox Sports Ohio
- (7/27) New GM Altman shows poise, hope for Cavs Amico Hoops
- (7/27) Suns, Wolves strong candidates for Kyrie? Amico Hoops
- (7/27) Miller: Kyrie ‘definitely interested’ in Denver Amico Hoops
- (7/27) Cavs’ Jewish GM Koby Altman ready to take reins Cleveland Jewish News
- (7/27) Blogtable: Odds LeBron James will leave Cleveland next summer? NBA.com
- (7/27) Blogtable: What does new Cavs GM Koby Altman need to do between now and training camp? NBA.com
- (7/27) Blogtable: Can Cavs make it back to The Finals if Derrick Rose replaces Kyrie Irving? NBA.com
- (7/27) LeBron James invites Derrick Rose to workouts in Vegas ESPN.com
- (7/27) Cavs owner downplays Kyrie Irving strife, expects star to be at camp ESPN.com
- (7/27) Rumor Central: Will Eric Bledsoe wind up with Cavaliers? ESPN.com
- (7/27) Cavs’ Dan Gilbert: Pacers could have acquired more for Paul George ESPN.com
- (7/27) Cavs owner Dan Gilbert says Pacers ‘could have done better’ in Paul George trade CBSSports
- (7/27) New Cavs regime begins Kyrie Irving posturing with praise New York Post
- (7/27) Kyrie Irving Earned the Right to Play Outside of LeBron’s Shadow SI.com
- (7/27) Cavs’ Dan Gilbert, Koby Altman dance around Kyrie Irving trade talks Sporting News
- (7/27) What happens when LeBron James hits free agency in 2018? NBA execs weigh in Sporting News
- (7/27) New Cavs GM Koby Altman: ‘Not going to address’ Kyrie Irving situation USA Today
- (7/27) Cavaliers try to convey confidence amid their own star crisis (crises?) Pro Basketball Talk
- (7/27) Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert: Pacers ‘could have done better’ on Paul George trade Pro Basketball Talk
- (7/27) Rumor: Cavaliers trying to dump salary in Kyrie Irving trade Pro Basketball Talk
- (7/27) Kyrie Irving Trade Rumors Discussed by Dan Gilbert, Koby Altman Bleacher Report
- (7/27) The looming Kyrie Irving trade leaves the Cavs with a unique problem while trying to reload for another run at the Warriors Business Insider