**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don’t necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cleveland Cavaliers name Koby Altman general manager
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Cleveland Cavaliers have named Koby Altman general manager, an announcement made by owner Dan Gilbert Monday evening.
“Over the past month, Koby Altman has led our front office group through this transition period, impressing many inside the franchise and outside the organization as well,” Gilbert said in a release. “We are very excited that he will now be officially leading the basketball side of our franchise.”
Altman has been a member of the front office for the last five years, being hired originally as pro personnel manager. He was elevated to assistant GM in September 2016, but has been serving as interim GM since late June, after the team parted ways with former GM David Griffin. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cleveland Cavaliers’ best possible trade packages for Kyrie Irving
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio — Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving is unhappy and wants a trade. That much is clear. Things get fuzzy beyond that.
Under contract for two more years, boasting a team-friendly contract and only 25 years old with a sterling resume, Irving has plenty of value. This is a big moment for soon-to-be-full-time general manager Koby Altman. But the Cavs have to figure out the best direction.
The first question they need to ask is whether the Irving relationship is salvageable. He doesn’t have a no-trade clause and is under contract, so theoretically they could hang onto him and hope things improve. That’s unlikely, especially given the reasoning behind this exit strategy. What’s really going to change in the next month? Would the Cavs really want to bring this unhealthy situation into a vitally important season? A trade appears inevitable. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
Derrick Rose, Cavaliers agree to one-year deal
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND — Derrick Rose and the Cavaliers agreed to a one-year deal for $2.1 million contract Monday after spending the day together, discussing how the team will return to the Finals without Kyrie Irving.
Rose, 28, the 2011 NBA MVP whose career has been hampered by knee injuries, will come to the Cavs looking for his first trip to the Finals after eight pro seasons. He’s also looking at a potential starting spot in the same lineup with LeBron James, now that Irving has asked for a trade and James is eager to see him off.
Rose has spoken to James, who welcomed his new teammate on Monday. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- LeBron James welcomes Derrick Rose to Cavaliers: ‘Let’s rock’
- Kyrie Irving’s trade request is ‘upsetting,’ says NBA Commissioner Adam Silver
- Derrick Rose can help but don’t expect too much — Bud Shaw’s Spinoffs
- Charged with Kyrie Irving’s trade request, Koby Altman thrown into fire as Cavaliers general manager
Akron Beacon Journal
- Trying to jump-start his career, Derrick Rose agrees to one-year contract with Cavaliers
Akron Beacon Journal
- Source: Derrick Rose agrees to deal with Cleveland Cavaliers
- Jeff Schudel: Kyrie Irving trade request will define Koby Altman’s early career as Cleveland Cavaliers general manager
- Altman named as Cavs GM
- Rose, Cavs reach contract agreement
- Cavs hire Koby Altman as their new GM
- Report: Cavs sign Derrick Rose to one-year deal
- Cavs should be in no rush to trade Kyrie Irving
- Rob Oller: Cavs face quite a predicament
- Amico: Altman’s next move will be Cavs’ biggest
- Report: Suns would trade Bledsoe, Jackson for Irving
- Former MVP Rose commits to join Cavs
- Gilbert officially hires Altman as Cavs GM
- Would Suns’ Bledsoe make sense for Cavs?
- Koby Altman named general manager of Cleveland Cavaliers
- Which massive Kyrie Irving trade will actually happen?
- Is Kyrie following Kobe’s lead, and is that a good thing?
- LeBron’s stake in Blaze Pizza chain now worth at least $35 million
- Latest free-agent moves: How will Rose fit with the Cavs?
- Derrick Rose agrees to 1-year, $2.1 million contract with Cavaliers
- NBA Free Agency: How Derrick Rose fits with the Cleveland Cavaliers and LeBron
- Kyrie Irving Wants To Be A No. 1, But He’s Better As A Sidekick
- In Kyrie Irving’s Revelation, a Moment of Reflection
- Derrick Rose and Cavaliers Are Said to Agree to One-Year Deal
- Derrick Rose Is the Cavaliers’ Latest Low-Impact Signing
- Cavaliers finalizing one-year contract with Derrick Rose
- Cavaliers officially name Koby Altman general manager
- How Kyrie Irving has ended the super-team Cavs as we know them
- As Kyrie Irving Moves On from LeBron, Derrick Rose Nabs His Seat Beside the King
- Derrick Rose’s minimum deal with the Cavs is a reminder of the NBA’s harsh reality