**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don’t necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Rest for a weary Tristan Thompson can only help the Cavs in the long run — Bud Shaw
Author: Bud Shaw
CLEVELAND, Ohio – Consecutive game streaks are badges of honor.
Then again, so was the Warriors’ 73-win season that suddenly ceased to carry the conversation after Game 7 of the NBA Finals.
The Cavs soiled the Warriors’ record-setting work with a historic comeback. To reach the NBA Finals again, Cleveland needs a well-rested lineup that can be effective through mid-June. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
Tristan Thompson upset the Cavs left him home from Boston, but sprain is significant
Author: Joe Vardon
BOSTON — Tristan Thompson was upset with and surprised by the Cavs’ decision to leave him home from the team’s trip to Boston because of a thumb injury, which ended his precious consecutive-games-played streak at 447.
Sources with the Cavs and close to Thompson said he didn’t take kindly to missing Cleveland’s 114-91 win over the Celtics with a sprained right thumb, and that if Wednesday were a playoff game he could’ve taped the thumb and played.
But the sprain is significant, a source said, and Thompson’s going to miss at least one more game (Friday at home against Atlanta), if not more. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (4/6) Cleveland Cavaliers’ offense had different look with Channing Frye replacing Tristan Thompson Cleveland.com
- (4/6) Cleveland Cavaliers expose Boston Celtics’ flaws: Fedor’s five observations Cleveland.com
- (4/6) The ‘drastic’ change that made the Cleveland Cavaliers ‘contenders again’ in one week Cleveland.com
- (4/6) LeBron James dominant as Cleveland Cavaliers crush Boston Celtics for NBA East lead: Bill Livingston Cleveland.com
- (4/6) Cavs Smash Celtics, Reclaim East’s Top Spot Cavs.com
- (4/6) Cavaliers notebook: Larry Sanders ready for action as sprained thumb ends Tristan Thompson’s iron man streak Akron Beacon Journal
- (4/6) Cavaliers 114, Celtics 91: LeBron James’ dazzling second-quarter effort shows who’s boss in Eastern Conference showdown Akron Beacon Journal
- (4/6) Cavs 114, Celtics 91: Marla’s 25 shots from Beyond the Arc on statement games, the right mindset Akron Beacon Journal
- (4/6) Final Thoughts: With one convincing performance, Cavs show they’re still kings in East The Athletic
- (4/6) Cleveland Cavaliers: Tristan Thompson injures thumb, ends NBA playing streak News-Herald
- (4/6) Cleveland Cavaliers rout Celtics, 114-91, reclaim first place in East News-Herald
- (4/6) Thompson could play, but Cavs playing it safe AmicoHoops.net
- (4/6) Dribbles: LeBron, Cavs stamp out doubts AmicoHoops.net
- (4/6) Tristan Thompson (thumb sprain) sees streak end at 447 games ESPN.com
- (4/6) Following no pattern, Cavaliers stake out a winning path ESPN.com
- (4/6) LeBron James quiets Boston, noise about Cavaliers in dominant victory CBSSports.com
- (4/6) In Boston, Cavaliers Make a Point: They’re Still the Cavaliers NY Times
- (4/6) The Celtics Still Don’t Have An Answer For LeBron James SI.com
- (4/6) LeBron James shows Celtics, rest of East how much of a problem he still is Sporting News
- (4/6) The Eastern Conference still belongs to LeBron James and the Cavs Yahoo Sports
- (4/6) LeBron and the Cavs proved again that they have no competition in the East Fox Sports
- (4/6) Three Things We Learned Wednesday: Cleveland still has LeBron, still is best in East ProBasketballTalk
- (4/6) LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers Remind the NBA who Controls the East Bleacher Report
- (4/6) LeBron James powers Cavaliers to blowout of Celtics at Garden Boston Herald
- (4/6) Bulpett: Celtics ‘exposed’ by LeBron James and Cavaliers Boston Herald