The Cavs have announced their 2017 Cavs Academy Summer Camp schedule, comprised of 11 total week-long youth basketball summer camps across Ohio and Pennsylvania. All boys and girls ages 5-14 are welcome, regardless of current basketball skill level. Registration is NOW open at Cavs.com/CavsAcademy for the ONLY Official Youth Basketball Camp of the Cleveland Cavaliers.
This year the Cavs are proud to roll out a newly reimagined Cavs Academy, bringing all elements of youth basketball in-house for the first time ever. Under the direction of Cavs Academy Head Coach Kendall Chones and his qualified coaching staff, all summer camp athletes will experience a fun, motivational camp environment and be equipped with expert instruction. Each week-long summer camp will run from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. daily and include:
- Dynamic stretching and warm-ups to ensure players are prepared for the day’s activities
- A round of stations to reinforce fundamental skills such as ball handling, defense, shooting and rebounding
- Conditioning drills to improve quickness, agility and endurance
- A skills lecture and application
- 5-on-5 exhibitions to apply learned skills in a live game setting
- Various contests and fun competitions
“This is a tremendous opportunity to teach kids the right way to learn and develop skills to become successful players,” said Kendall Chones. Kendall, son of Cavs Legend Jim Chones, has spent close to 10 years playing professional basketball and coaching throughout Europe. He likes to infuse a mix of the Cavaliers style of play into his clinics with an influence of European-fundamental based clinic structure.
The cost of registration is $280 for the week-long camp and includes:
- Cavs Academy Uniform
- Drawstring Bag
- Individualized Player Evaluation
- End of Camp Awards and Celebration
Schedule of Cavs Academy Summer Camp cities and dates (camps run 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. daily):
To learn more about Cavaliers Youth Sports initiatives or to register, visit Cavs.com/CavsAcademy.