**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don’t necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Kyrie Irving’s career night has Cavaliers on Finals doorstep with 112-99 win in Game 4 over Celtics
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND, Ohio — And after all of that, the Cavaliers are just five wins from their second NBA championship.
Cleveland outlasted the scrappy Boston Celtics 112-99 of the Eastern Conference finals on Tuesday night for a 3-1 series lead. Game 5 is at 8:30 p.m. Thursday in Boston, and the Golden State Warriors will host Game 1 of the Finals on June 1.
The Cavs trailed by as many as 16 in the first half in Game 4 after suffering a stunning 111-108 setback in Game 3 to a Celtics team sans its best player, Isaiah Thomas. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
One day Kyrie Irving, not LeBron James, will be the Cavaliers’ top player
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND — The heir to LeBron James’ throne scored 42 points in a playoff game last night.
Not just any playoff game. But Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals.
Thirty-six of them after James picked up his fourth foul. CLICK HERE to read full story.
‘Monster rebounder’ Kevin Love continues to get payback against Boston Celtics
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio — Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue blamed himself for not featuring Kevin Love in the first two postseason series, believing there were other areas to attack against Indiana and Toronto.
But the day after the Boston Celtics clinched their spot in the conference finals, Lue vowed to get Love more involved. The power forward has responded, recording his fourth straight double-double against the Celtics during Tuesday’s come-from-behind win.
Unlike Sunday night, Love didn’t lead a team-wide 3-point barrage. There wasn’t a 15-point outburst in the first quarter or a 22-point half. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (5/24) Cleveland Cavaliers changed everything when Isaiah Thomas got injured Cleveland.com
- (5/24) Cavaliers expect Kyrie Irving will play in Game 5, but his left ankle will be sore Cleveland.com
- (5/24) Kevin Love lifts Cleveland Cavaliers with his rebounding — Terry Pluto Cleveland.com
- (5/24) Kyrie Irving rallies Cleveland Cavaliers to 3-1 lead over Boston Celtics: Bill Livingston Cleveland.com
- (5/24) Kyrie Irving’s mental, physical toughness on display in Cavaliers’ Game 4 win Cleveland.com
- (5/24) J.R. Smith and wife Jewel Harris bring baby daughter Dakota home from hospital Tuesday after five months in NICU Cleveland.com
- (5/24) Cavs, Kyrie Explode in Second Half; Take 3-1 Series Lead Cavs.com
- (5/24) Cavaliers 112, Celtics 99: Kyrie Irving, LeBron James combine to score 76 points in Game 4 as Cavs take a 3-1 in lead Eastern Conference finals Akron Beacon Journal
- (5/24) Marla Ridenour: After a tough four quarters that showed vulnerability, Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue, LeBron James step up Akron Beacon Journal
- (5/24) Cavaliers notebook: J.R. Smith and his wife, Shirley, finally able to bring daughter Dakota home after five months in hospital Akron Beacon Journal
- (5/24) Final Thoughts: Kyrie Irving’s terrific night reminiscent of another dazzling performance in conference finals The Athletic
- (5/24) Dribbles: Cavs recover, now need to end series The Athletic
- (5/24) Cavaliers: Kyrie Irving comes to the rescue with LeBron James in foul trouble The Chronicle Telegram
- (5/24) Commentary: Big Three comes up huge as Cavs get much needed comeback victory The Chronicle Telegram
- (5/24) Cavaliers 112, Celtics 99: Kyrie Irving gets hot, puts team on his back, finishes with 42 points The Chronicle Telegram
- (5/24) Irving’s playoff career-high 42 lifts Cleveland Cavaliers in comeback victory over Boston Celtics The News-Herald
- (5/24) Jeff Schudel: Final 24 minutes of Game 4 a season-defining half for the Cavaliers The News-Herald
- (5/24) Kyrie-markable: Irving’s 42 carries Cavaliers past Celtics Associated Press
- (5/24) Kyrie Irving rescues Cleveland Cavaliers with 42-point masterpiece NBA.com
- (5/24) How Kyrie Irving dominated Game 4 ESPN.com
- (5/24) Irving, James turn the tables on Celtics with comeback of their own ESPN.com
- (5/24) Kyrie Irving Reminding NBA How Crucial He Is to Cavaliers’ Title Defense Bleacher Report
- (5/24) From sidekick to savior: The transformation of Kyrie Irving continues The Vertical
- (5/24) Kyrie Irving’s Game 4 Heroics Showcase His Value To Cavaliers Sports Illustrated
- (5/24) Kyrie Irving put Cavaliers on his back when it mattered most USA Today
- (5/24) Kyrie Irving drops 42, powers Cavaliers to Game 4 win over Celtics USA Today
- (5/24) Keeping up with Cleveland Cavaliers’ talent, offense a tough ask in Game 4 NBA.com
- (5/24) Without Isaiah Thomas, Celtics crumble as Cavaliers’ stars step up ESPN.com