BROOKLYN (June 29, 2017) – The Brooklyn Nets will hold an open audition for a public address (PA) announcer on Tuesday, July 18 at 3 p.m. at Barclays Center. Registration begins at 2:30 p.m. at the EmblemHealth Dean Street entrance lobby.
The PA announcer serves as the main voice of the Nets during all home games at Barclays Center. The role includes calling the starting lineup, game action, and other in-arena announcements.
Participants will be asked to do a script read and basketball calls over the PA during auditions. Finalists must be available for callbacks on Monday, July 31 at 2 p.m., which will include announcing for a game with local youth basketball teams at Barclays Center.
PA ANNOUNCER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge and passion for the NBA
- Must know the rules of the game
- Familiarity with the Nets’ market and region
- Previous public address experience
- A strong voice that will engage fans
- Public speaking skills
- Must be available to work all Nets home games, including evenings, weekends, and holidays